Monday, May 16, 2011

Update: Cafe Blogger

Well, I am here in Europe! Unfortunately, the internet is not available for free in most of our hotels, so I probably won't be able to post my adventures as often as I would like to. Currently, I am sitting in a McDonald's in London by Earl's Court Station using their free internet. It's amazing that we're already here in London. We started out in Edinburgh, Scotland last Thursday, then traveled to Preston, England and stayed at the Preston Temple grounds accommodations. Today we left Preston and visited Cadbury World in Birmingham, and moved on to London this evening. We arrived around 5:30, got situated in our rooms, and then I went out with Suzy, Janelle, Hannah, and Michael to walk around the Westminster area. We took pictures of the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, the London Eye and then walked along the boardwalk until we found a place to eat (Pizza Express, with a 20% discount from our tourist map––Score!). 

The plan is to come back tomorrow night and actually put up a real post of what I've been doing, because one paragraph explanation doesn't begin to cover it. However, for now I must sign off and head back to our dead zone hotel....at least its a dead zone hotel in LONDON!!! Holla! 

A few important notes: 
1. I'm safe. No worries parentals, I have not been taken, robbed or left behind. 
2. Do not expect frequent posts or updates via blog, Facebook or email in the next few weeks––there just isn't ever internet available. But I will do my best! 

2 comments:

  1. Good thing you finally posted something. This morning dad was ready to take on the role of Liam Nelson and come and save you!

    Were you able to do the family names in Preston?

    Hope you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not even your mom and I was starting to wonder why you hadn't posted anything! What a great educationally fun trip!! Can't wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete